After getting your tattoo you will receive a second skin from us, this is a kind of self-adhesive foil. This should remain in place until it wears off on its own, but may be left on for a maximum of 10 days. If the second skin peels off in such a way that water or air can reach the tattoo, remove it immediately. To remove the second skin, wet it in the shower and gently rub it loose. You can shower with your tattoo (and second skin).
• Wash your tattoo twice a day with a mild unscented soap (Unicura balance/mild)
• Pat your tattoo dry with a clean (hand) towel after washing
• Apply a thin layer of Balm tattoo cream to the tattoo twice a day
• Touch the tattoo wound as little as possible (wash your hands before treating the wound);
• Do not scratch the tattoo wound;
• Do not cover the tattoo wound with tight or soiled clothing;
• Do not cover the tattoo wound with plasters or bandages;
• avoid (bubble) baths, swimming pools, saunas and steam baths;
• Do not expose the tattoo wound to sunlight or tanning beds.
The tattooed skin remains very sensitive to sunlight even after healing. Therefore, always apply sunscreen to your tattoo.
Please note: contact your doctor in case of extreme redness, swelling, bleeding, exudate, color change or chronic pain.